Monday, March 2, 2015

Sweet Adeline

Psalm 139: 13-14
" For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. "


This weekend I had the opportunity to attend my friend Andrea's baby shower.  She is expecting her first little girl in about a month and she already has a precious three year old son.  What a blessing it is to see the excitement and the joy of welcoming a new little one after a tough week with my family, following the death of my grandfather.  Life does that to you, weaves together sadness and joy.  1 Peter 1:6-7 " In all this greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have to come so that the proven genuineness of your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even if refined by fire- may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. "  So take heart, we all suffer periods of sadness, but the promise is that these are only temporary. If we carry on in faith,  joy will come again. Thank you Lord,  "for the joy of the Lord is my strength" !

Here's the outfit that I wore to the baby shower. I love the combination of the coral and turquoise, I wanted to wear something warm (we had a single digit temps on Saturday morning) but something that held the promise of spring. The pops of color were just what I needed.


Both of my tops are "vintage" Talbots, as well as the turquoise cuff bracelet. Baby showers don't seem to be the dressy events of the past, I wore my "boyfriend" jeans from Target, and I'm glad I did because jeans and boots were the uniform of the day.  Photo credit goes to my brother, John. Thanks John!!


No comments:

Post a Comment