Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Thank heaven, for little girls

Psalm 127: 3
" Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. "


I am truly blessed, I have 5 beautiful girls.  My 2 oldest are making their way in the world already... one's acting and the other is finishing her teaching degree at UMD. I'm so proud of them.  The other 3 are still at home and going to middle school, elementary school, and "Mommy Daycare", respectively. Quite a span! And... they are all so different; from each other and from me.  I thought when I first became a mom, that it would be so fun to have a little "mini-me", but nothing could be further from the truth.  They aren't me at all, and sometimes when they do act like me, it's not the me I want to see even in myself!! God,  forgive me! I can't wait to see what God has in store for them. I pray daily for their protection ( for their bodies and their hearts), for their success in life (whatever form that may take), and most importantly, for their salvation.  "Thank heaven for little girls... they grow up in the most delightful way"

Last weekend, I took the 3 little girls Easter outfit shopping. We go to a pretty casual church, so no one is expected to wear a bonnet and gloves.  Although the girls no longer dress alike (my 11 & 8 year old), I still like to coordinate their outfits.  After much trial and error (and a few tears, mostly mine!),  we finally made our decisions.  Here's a preview of my girls in their Easter outfits.

Here are my babies in the dressing room at Kohl's.  I like that everyone is in a combination of  black and pink. We had a coupon, everything was already on sale and...we got Kohl's Cash! Now Momma can go back and get something, too! 

I'd love to hear about your Easter plans this year. Do you go to an egg hunt? Do you get together with family and have a big dinner, or a quiet family dinner at home? Do you have any special recipes? Please comment below and share. I'm going to share some of my Easter traditions in some upcoming posts as well. 

I pray you have a blessed day today!




No comments:

Post a Comment