Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Monograms & Gingham

Isaiah 43: 1

" But now, this is what the Lord says-- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: ' Do not fear, for I have redeemed you,; I have summoned you by name; you are mine' "

Fear not, you are Mine! I love this passage from Isaiah, there's a great old hymn that uses this verse. I remember some of the "Old-faithfuls" singing this hymn with gusto, as we all should. What a wonderful promise, to know that our Father will call us by name and that we belong to Him. I can't think of a greater reason to sing out with joy!
I'm sure I have written about both of these things before; monograms and gingham.  But, they are both worth mentioning again.  There is nothing more classic and cute for the spring than gingham, and nothing more timeless than a monogram. I'm craving spring now more than ever; it's March for heavens sake!  So my longing takes me to look at (and shop for) some spring fashion.  The trend of gingham this spring can be head-to -toe or just a touch. I was fortunate to pick up a flannel shirt with a large green and white gingham print at Talbots on sale after Christmas. The flannel is perfect for these last few cold weeks of winter.  Here are some pics of me today...
I love this dressy necklace with the  more casual flannel shirt. 
This is my cute bracelet from "The Pink Silhouette". I purchased it for under $25 (+ tax) including the monogram! Mine is navy blue, but it was available in 3 other colors. 


Here's another great combo I found on Pinterest from another blogger. 

This cute look is from  " Kelly in the City". I love how Kelly is pulling in a hint of spring with her gingham shirt, pink sweater and pearls. And, of course, I love her monogrammed vest See her full post here


 ...and here's a pic from the runway of  Diane von Furstenberg for Spring 2015 ,  I love the gingham handbag. The model is also wearing a blue and white gingham "shorts" suit. Not sure about the shorts for me personally, but I love all of the pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment