Monday, March 9, 2015

My big mouth

Psalm 141: 3
" Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips. "


If ever a quote from the Bible needed an exclamation point, it's this one ( for me , at least). There are many verses that warn us to be mindful of what we say.  These verses certainly hit home for me.  What a different life I would be living if my big old mouth would just behave itself!  Oh what I could do with time I have spent explaining myself or asking for forgiveness for something I've said. Even though I know personally I have a lot of work to do on this, I feel a lot of us could use a little reminder, and that's ok. The Bible is full of reminders to help us live a better, more Godly life.  And don't beat yourself up over it if you mess up, we are human after all, and if we come to our Lord with a contrite heart and ask for His forgiveness (and from those we have offended) we are fully restored.  Of course we shouldn't keep sinning either, and that's where prayer, Bible study, and surrounding ourselves with the body of Christ is important.   I'm reminded of a Bible song my little ones learned years ago, " Oh be careful little mouth, what you say... 'cause the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little mouth what you say. "   So simple and so true.

So, today I'm thinking about lipstick! (Yes, I'm a simple girl!).  I really love how polished and finished, someone looks when they take the time to apply a little color on their lips.  I've been talking with my big girls about this, and they like M.A.C lipstick.  I'm going to have to go out and spend a little more money than I usually do and give it a try.  I've found that at Nordstrom you can order cosmetics on-line, get free shipping,  and they give you choices of free samples of fragrance or other beauty products.  I'm gonna go for it!  Here's the shade I'm dying to try for Spring.


M.A.C Lipstick- "Candy Yum-Yum"


I'll let you know how it goes. My daughter may be getting a slightly used tube of lipstick. Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment