Thursday, March 12, 2015

Get fit...quick!

1 Corinthians 9: 26-27
" Therefore I run thus:  not with uncertainty.  Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.  But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."


As I was looking through Bible verses this morning, I felt these verses were appropriate for so many reasons. First of all, I am supposed to be training for a 5K this Sunday, and I needed motivation.  Second, but most importantly, as important as it is to discipline my body, the discipline of training my heart, mind and soul for the ultimate race, needed motivation, too.  I don't want to write just words on my blog. I want to write life, and encouragement to anyone who reads my blog. Discipline, for me, is coming to God everyone morning in prayer and study, so that when I share with others, I myself, should not be "disqualified".  I pray, Lord, that you train me to do your will and walk in your ways.

I am not doing very well training for my run this Sunday.  As a matter of fact, I probably won't be running in this particular race at all.  Between, our less than favorable weather conditions and my grandfather's passing, running this weekend's race is not going to happen for me.  Now that I am blogging, I feel that not only did I let myself down, but (somewhere out there), I'm letting someone else down that may have been motivated by this mom of 7 running a 5K. But don't give up on me! I purposefully put on my running clothes this morning and am going to at least try 2 miles today. Not only that, I joined an accountability group on Jo Lynne Shane's blog to try to eliminate so much sugar in my diet. My goal is to run at least twice a week and to do some sort of an at home workout circuit 3 times a week. Between that and changes in my diet, I'm hoping to be more fit by Summer.

Here's a circuit that I tried last Spring and Summer.

This is one of my favorite circuits.  I found it on Pinterest last year and it is from
POPSUGAR. I recommend you click on the link so that you can see more clearly how the exercises should look.

I encourage you to join me.  If you'd like to share what you are doing to "Get fit...quick!", Comment and let me know. I know that having accountability in one's discipline is a sure way to get good results.
What are you doing to train your body?,  What are you doing to train your soul? 





No comments:

Post a Comment