Monday, March 23, 2015

Flowers & Stripes

Psalm 103: 15
" The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. "


Life on earth is so fleeting. I'm thinking of the Five for Fighting song "100 Years". I've lived probably more than half of my life already and it seems like only yesterday that I was graduating and marrying and having babies. Now I have 3 children nearly full grown and out of the nest ( of course that leaves 4 to go!).  I can't help but relive precious times of their lives while looking through pictures or finding an old toy or some precious artwork or craft that they so proudly made for me.  We must praise the Lord in these precious moments, forgive one another for those times when we are less than who we ought to be, and live life like we may not have tomorrow with all of those we love. Psalm 103: 1, "Praise the Lord, my soul;  all my inmost being, praise his holy name. "

On Saturday, I went to a Ladies Breakfast at our church.  What a wonderful event. I don't often get out without at least one small member of my family, so just being out of the house with grown women was fabulous!  I actually dressed up a bit.  Even after having snow on Friday, it warmed up to 59 degrees by Saturday afternoon, so of course I pulled out my new shoes.  I also took a bit of a risk (for me) by mixing a bolder striped top with my floral skirt. I added a pretty feminine necklace and I think I pulled it off. Here's some pics of my outfit.

I purchased this necklace at the breakfast.  The women at the church collected jewelry to sell to benefit A21.  A21 is a ministry that helps victims of Human Trafficking.   
Kudos to my favorite 8 year old photographer! (notice the snow in the background). I wish my top didn't look so bunched up on the one side, but you get the idea. I also wore my denim jacket to make it a bit more casual. To dress this look up, you could wear some traditional pumps or flats.  


Please click on the link if you would like more information about A21.


No comments:

Post a Comment