Thursday, March 19, 2015

blue and gray

Song of Songs 5: 14
" His arms are rods of gold set with topaz.  His body is like polished ivory decorated with lapis lazuli."


I don't know why my husband isn't dripping with gemstones... oh well, a girl can dream , right? If you haven't had a chance to read this book of the Bible (aka Song of Solomon), I recommend you do. It's a love poem and it's full of desire and passion. Beautiful imagery about a mans love for his bride, mirroring Christs love for the church. No shades of gray here.

Whew, I may need a cool shower now! On a much lighter note- On Sunday, I wore my new elephant necklace and earrings. They are so cute. I also wore my favorite colors; blue and turquoise. I've shown this top before, but I really think it's a great transitional top. It worked just as well last fall as it will this spring. I know it will be beautiful with some white shorts and capris that I have, add some cute sandals and voila, spring!

Just in case you were wondering, here are my favorite gem and precious stone from the Bible verse above (the lapis lazuli doesn't naturally come in the shape of an elephant.Lol!).
Blue topaz
Image result for lapis lazuli
lapis lazuli












Here's my top and my elephant necklace...

I purchased the necklace and the top at 2 of my favorite local stores.  They have flash sales every week on Facebook, so even if you aren't local you can "shop 'til you drop". I highly recommend that you "like" B. Fabulous and The Pink Silhouette on Facebook.  You can't beat the prices. The also carry Vineyard Vines and Lilly Pulitzer, respectively.



No comments:

Post a Comment