Tuesday, March 24, 2015

God Strong

Deuteronomy 31: 6
" Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striving ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. "


This weekend I went to a women's breakfast at my church and the theme was "Be God Strong".  What a wonderful event. First of all, there was food! But more importantly, there were some wonderful speakers and musicians and there was worship and fellowship.  There were over 300 women at this event. If you've never been in a room of 300 Christian women worshipping and praising God; do it. It is powerful!  Being "God Strong" is different than being just strong.  Being " God Strong" is the confidence that you don't have to do or be anything on your own, that you have God "striving ahead of you...right there with you".  He is all the strength you need. "He won't let you down; he won't leave you".  Now that's the kind of strength we all need to strive for.

About 2 weeks ago, I published a post "Get fit...quick!".  I was wondering how everyone was doing?  I'm not really sure if I lost any pounds because I don't step on the scale very often. For me personally, I know how addicting that can be, and I begin to base my self-worth on the number on the scale. Not healthy for me. I did however step on the scale this morning. I have to say I'm not unhappy about the number that I saw. I'm glad I at least have an idea about where I am, and hopefully what direction I need to go.  My main goal is to get fit and healthy.  I also started an exercise and diet routine. I shared with all y'all (hee hee), that my goal was to run at least twice/week and do an exercise circuit at least three times/week.  I also made a conscious effort to cut way back on my sugar intake (another addiction) and joined a sugar detox accountability group.

Well, I think I'm doing alright. I have to say that I changed up the exercise circuit (which I did do last spring) to a "Slim Down Challenge; Three Moves, Three Weeks".  Basically, I am doing 25 push-ups and 100 sit-ups each night for 3 weeks.  In addition, I am still running at least 2 times/week and, I am cutting back on my sugar intake. One of the major changes for me was to cut out the flavored creamer in my coffee in the morning. I have to say that I am not as strict on the diet as some are in the group. "Life is too short to never have a chocolate chip cookie." I actually heard Michelle Duggar from " 19 Kids and Counting" say that on television the other night. That's wisdom!

Click on highlighted link above to see this challenge in more detail.

Comment below and let me know if you've made changes in your life recently. We can encourage each other. I pray that your daily workout contains a good dose of hand raising in worship and deep knee bends in prayer!




No comments:

Post a Comment