Monday, March 30, 2015

Ooh, I love the bunny!

Leviticus 11: 6
" The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is unclean for you. "


Spring finally seems to be settling in.  I haven't seen any new little bunnies around, just lots of squirrels and birds, but I know it won't be long.  My 8 year old keeps reminding me that last year, I ran over one of those cute little creatures in my van right before Easter.  It wasn't one of my better moments. She even made up a song to the tune of  "Here Comes Peter Cottontail"; something that ends in " SPLAT! ".  I don't believe I've ever eaten rabbit before.  And if I ever decide not too, I could always cite this scripture in my defense; however, I would then probably have to give up bacon too, so... probably not. I'm thinking of rabbits today because, of course, Easter is this coming Sunday.  I know some Christians don't want to associate Easter to  bunnies or rabbits.  Please forgive me if you're one of them.  But, I like the symbolism rabbits have of springtime and renewal. Isn't that what Jesus died for? To make me new and clean before God? I certainly couldn't get there on my own (believe me, I've tried; not happening here!). I pray today that you confess your sins (we all have them\, Lord knows I do), and invite Christ into your life. He will make you new again!

Last weekend's community Easter Egg Hunt was cancelled due to the weather (snow and sub-freezing temps!).  It is rescheduled for this weekend. Hopefully we won't have the same issues. If all goes well, I'll have my youngest children out on the lawn this Saturday knocking over all the other neighborhood children to get the prized plastic eggs! Here's what my youngest will be wearing, if all goes as planned...

We got this outfit at Kohl's when we were Easter outfit shopping last week.
It's actually "Jumping Beans" separates.  So stinkin' cute!

I love the anchor details on the top that match the leggings perfectly. And I needed to add this pic because she's...
 so stinkin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment