Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring?

Exodus 3: 5
" Then He said, ' Do not come near here; remove your sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground '. "


Where are you spring? Well, I guess officially it's not spring until 6:45pm. I hope by then,at least, it stops snowing!  Not sandal weather here today, that's for sure. Sandals are mentioned at least 22 times in the Bible.  Obviously, given the arid climate, and of course the fact that TOMS and Nike weren't invented yet; you wore sandals or you wore nothing.

This time of year, I'm often reminded of the time when Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.  Typically, we remember this event on the Thursday in "Holy Week" ( the week between Palm Sunday and Easter). Jesus washes the feet of his disciples before the "Last Supper". You can find this story in John 13:1-17.  I love Peter's reaction when Jesus first starts to wash his feet. At first he protests, then Jesus explains, " Unless I wash you, you have no part with me".  Peter replies that not only does he want Jesus to wash his feet, but the rest of him, too! You gotta love Peter, thinks first with his heart, not his head. We are told at the end of this story, vs.14 "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet".

 "Will you let me be your servant, let me be as Christ to you?,  pray that I might have the grace to let you be my servant, too" (The Servant Song by Richard Gillard). Lord, I pray that you would give me the grace and humility to serve others as you have served me. Amen.

Now, back to sandals...I bought these beauties yesterday!!!

"Caged Rylee Heel"- Target. They were under $30. You can order them on-line and pick them up in the store to save some extra dough!


I can't wait to style these shoes with some spring and summer outfits, but for today, I'm back wearing flannel and snow boots!

                     Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Now get out there and serve one another!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment