Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lucky me

Jeremiah 17: 7
" But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. "

I am truly blessed, luck has nothing to do with it.  In my morning quiet time with God, I thank Him for all of those blessings...some days are easier than others to think of them , for sure. But I believe that God has His hand in everything, whether I remember it or not, God is in control. He has given me all that I have and all that I am.  God is good all the time. So when good things happen, He truly is blessing me. So, on this St Patrick's Day, I think that St. Patrick would prefer to give me a blessing than to wish me luck..and I'll take it. I pray that you experience the wonderful blessings that God has in store for you, too.

I'm about 1/32 Irish. But, today I'm 100% Irish (aren't we all?).  Of course, my Italian husband would disagree. Somehow (he tells me), the children are 100% Italian???  Oh well... I usually try to cook a traditional Irish meal for St. Patrick's Day.  I have fixed corned-beef and cabbage, but my children aren't crazy about the corned-beef.  So, today I will be making a pot roast, with cabbage, potatoes and carrots.  I also bought some Irish soda bread this year.  I also try to have a festive table setting.  Here's a picture of my table from last year.

The children had green milk in recycled Gatorade bottles. 

I'm sure this year's table will be similar, and that my children will be more about the food than anything else. Let me know how you celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'd love to hear from you. Whatever you do, here's an Irish blessing for you...


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment