Thursday, March 26, 2015

Conquerors

Romans 8: 37-39
" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord "


This verse has been on my heart since the women's breakfast at my church on Saturday.  They showed a very dynamic video that ended with these verses. Everytime I watch it, it makes me tear up, and then I just want  to go out and run a marathon! I probably should train a little more before I actually do that., but you get the idea. I was so inspired that I made my family watch it before dinner last night. I told them that we are a team and that that's how we need to go out into this world, as conquerors! Spoiler alert...we already won! The victory is ours in Jesus Christ our Lord!! NOW GO OUT THERE AND WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER!!!

Whew, sorry about all the capital letters. I'm alright now. Maybe I missed my calling and I should have been a pentecostal preacher? Oh well, I don't think that's an option right now, Lol.  I did, however, want to touch base with you today about another race I'm thinking about running.  It's The 2nd Annual Strike Out ALS 5k and 2 Mile Walk. My brother-in-law, Tim was diagnosed with ALS last spring. He is a miracle! I watched him cross the finish line last fall after walking 10 miles, to raise awareness for ALS. He and my sister-in- law Cindy give all the glory to Jesus. I encourage you all, no matter where you live, to reach out and support those living with ALS by making a donation or sponsoring an event. Click on the links above to find out more information on ALS.


I pray that the race you run today is full of victory, my fellow conquerors!

No comments:

Post a Comment