Friday, February 27, 2015

Modern day Delilah

Judges 16: 17 
' So he told her everything. “No razor has ever been used on my head,” he said, “because I have been a Nazirite dedicated to God from my mother’s womb. If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man.” '


What a traumatic evening last night.  My 13 year old got his hair cut!  I'm pretty sure it may just kill him.  It definitely took away his sense of reasoning and certainly sapped my strength.  Poor guy (poor me!).  However, like Samson, his hair will grow back and he will regain his God given strength. And like my son, after the stressful week we've all had since my grandfather's passing, I will regain my strength.  I know that it won't return all at once, like when Superman gets away from Kryptonite, but like hair growing back on my head I'll gain a little more each day.  I'm not saying that I'll get over the death of my loved one completely, but I have a promise from God that I will have a new morning, a new beginning, and another day to "grow". 

My handsome boy after a similar haircut last summer. Personally, I like it!


This is the outfit I had on last Friday, I'm continuing to wear red on Fridays through the month of February, to bring awareness to Heart Disease in women #goredforwomen. I'm wearing red again today, but you'll just have to take my word for it!














No comments:

Post a Comment