Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reflection

1 Corinthians 13: 12
" For now we see only a reflection in the mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. "


Lord, what do I see in the mirror? What is my reflection?  Some days are better than others, that's for sure. Today, I'm reflecting not on the outside ( I certainly did pull out the make-up this morning though!) but on the inside.  I am in awe that you think that I am worthy of your unconditional love and mercy.  What I see, a lot of days, doesn't even come close. Thankfully you don't see me like that. You see see me washed "whiter than snow."  And the amazing part of that is, I was washed in the blood of the Lamb! I pray that someday I may see what you see, I pray that someday I may see my reflection is you staring back at me.

Today is Ash Wednesday, and this is a time of reflection, prayer and fasting.  I've never been much of a "faster".  I do, however, enjoy my morning coffee with Jesus, and I do try to modify my eating habits during the season of Lent (see yesterday's post). The best part of celebrating the different liturgical church seasons, for me, are the traditions and lessons that it brings to mind for me and my family.  My husband and I both have liturgical backgrounds in our faith, and I like order and themes, so it's a great way for me to remember and think about different parts of the Bible and the history of our faith that I might not normally think of.  Last night we had our "Pancake Supper".  It was a wonderful opportunity to talk with the children about why we were having it, and what the Lenten season was all about. Here's a pic of my table centerpiece last night. We had fun collecting things around the house to add to it.

I added beads and a mask to an old flower vase and voila! Mardi Gras!!


This time of year also brings to mind that spring is drawing near as well... although you'd never know it given the weather report!  I am particularly missing the warm weather as I had a taste of it in January when we went to Disney World for a week.  I took a few minutes yesterday to peruse the spring fashion forecast (much better than the forecast around here for the rest of the week).  One of the cutest trends that I saw was that gingham has made a comeback.  I love it, and can't wait to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Here's a great way to start wearing a hint of gingham right now. 

Cropped Cable Sweater, Petite Gingham Shirt, Paige Denim Verdugo Cropped Jeans and Cropped Trench Coat - Stylish Petite-2
Found image on Pinterest by- Stylish Petite
                 
                 As we reflect today, we also need to look forward...............come on spring, I'm ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment