Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chocolate!

Psalm 119: 103
" How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! "


OK. You caught me, this verse has absolutely nothing to do with chocolate, but a girl can try, right?  It's Valentine's week Day 3 and I can't help myself, I've got chocolate on my mind.  I'm a self-confessed chocoholic. Is there a 12 step program for this? I hope not. There's nothing wrong with a little chocolate, especially for your Valentine.  Homemade Valentine's are the best, especially if they are made out of chocolate.  My first Valentine (my dad) is a chocolate chip cookie kind of guy.  He is a purest though, I won't be able to add any cute little red and pink sprinkles or M&M's to his cookies. My go-to recipe is the Nestle Toll House recipe.


Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dad's Valentine's gift, birthday gift, Father's day gift, Christmas gift.....

I am fortunate that all of my children favor dark chocolate.  Why fortunate?  Most importantly because it's  my favorite. Lol! But also because it's better for you and my youngest has a peanut allergy and dark chocolate seems to be processed separately from equipment that they process peanut products on (not in all cases, I still have to be careful).  A great treat this time of year for everyone are chocolate-covered strawberries.  I love the fact that I'm incorporating fruit in their treat and, that it's so easy to do.  And... you can't get much more romantic than a chocolate covered strawberry for your Valentine! Here's a link to a simple recipe for Nestle Chocolate-Covered Strawberries .  These certainly are sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
So simple to make and soooo delicious. We never have leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment