Monday, February 2, 2015

Seahawks...that's all.

Matthew 19: 26
"Jesus looked at him and said,  ' With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' "


First, let me just say, " I am a Ravens fan". The Ravens, however were not in the Super Bowl, so yesterday I was rooting for the Seahawks. Why?  Well, the Patriots beat my Ravens in the play-offs (bummer). Also, there is that little incident with the air pressure in the footballs...and, one of my favorite Christian artist, Natalie Grant,  is a big Seahawks fan so it seemed like a no-brainer.  Somehow, I feel somewhat responsible for the Seahawks defeat...crazy! I am not an NFL consultant, I am in no way supernatural and have no super powers to somehow manipulate the outcome of sporting events, life events, etc.  So why do I feel responsible? I'm not exactly sure. I feel the same way when the Ravens lose or when things don't wind up the way I think they should. If only I'd worn a different shirt or if only I'd have painted my nails a different color or prayed harder or been better or nicer or... It doesn't work that way, people. We are not in charge. We can not control everything around us. After all, we are only human.

All of that is OK though. In our weakness, He is made strong. We need to remember who ultimately is in control. So in any circumstance, most not as trivial as the outcome of  the Super Bowl, we need to fully rely on God. It might not be the outcome we are hoping for,  but knowing He is with us through our many trials in life is all we really need....Go Orioles (a girls got to move on!)

The nails that "jinxed" the Seahawks! Super cute color though. I love to have fun with different nail colors, this one is "Green With Envy"- Sally Hanson Extreme Wear



This is the outfit I had picked out to wear today, however, I didn't want anyone to think I was happy about the Patriots victory (mature, right!).  The dress and leggings are from my favorite local store, "The Pink Silhouette", the tan booties are from "Target". I was actually going to wear this dress belted today with some boots...see future blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment