Thursday, February 5, 2015

Run, run as fast as you can!

1 Corinthians 9: 24
" Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize."


I did it! I ran a little over 2 miles yesterday and I did it in under 21 minutes.  Not bad for a 48 year old woman with 7 children, huh?  No one was waiting for me at my parents house with an award, though. Actually, they didn't even realize I was finished. There was some serious "duplo" block building going on in the living room when I walked in.  I wasn't even missed.  But that's fine, my reward is knowing that I  was able to finish my running course, that I completed the goal I had set out to accomplish, and that there were no sad faces when I returned from my run. My greater reward is knowing that the real finish line for my race is not even here on earth. It'll be when I run through the gates of heaven into the arms of my loving God. Now, off to my bible for some more training!


Pre-run photo. It was warmer yesterday (51 degree high), so I was able to run with a light-weight sport jacket layered over an "under armor" long sleeve shirt. 

Photo taken last summer with my running girls!  My 11 year old can beat me already!

No comments:

Post a Comment