Monday, February 9, 2015

Hope

1 Corinthians 13: 13
" And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love. "


Well, it's the week before Valentine's day and everyone's got love on their minds.  That's a good thing.  We are told that love is the greatest!  But what kind of love is the greatest?  Is it the kind of mushy,gushy love that we feel when we first meet someone?  The kind where we get butterflies in our stomachs?  I'll say, "no".  Although this kind of love is wonderful and probably helped when you were choosing your spouse, it's fleeting. The greatest love of all is not found in another person or ,contrary to Whitney Houston's hit, found inside of you. It's sent from Heaven above from our loving God and Father, who sent His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, to die for our sins. It's the self sacrificing love of our Savior who went to the cross to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  That's true love.  My hope for you today is that you experience this great love.

Now for the butterflies... I still get them when I'm with my husband (he'll be reading this later...LOL). He's the only man here on earth that still makes me feel that way. And that's how God intended it. Do I always feel that way? Um...I'll say it again, "no". But that's OK. God has planned for our love to change and grow and to resemble His love. Will we ever be perfect and achieve that kind of love? Probably not or we wouldn't need God.  But, don't lose hope, if we consistently go to God with our failings and our shortcomings then we are growing in love everyday and that's good too.


2 of my favorite Valentine's!


Anchors symbolize hope, so I'm in luck this year that the nautical look is back (quite frankly, not a summer goes by for me that they're not). Anchors are found everywhere in  the stores, on purses, shoes, t-shirts, dresses and of course jewelry.
I'm wearing my new  "Anchor Tee"- from "Talbots" and my great "Navy Anchor Necklace" from the "The Pink Silhouette".  







No comments:

Post a Comment