Friday, February 6, 2015

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Titus 2: 7
" In everything set an example by doing what is good.  In your teaching show integrity, seriousness."


I really enjoy beautiful clothes. I find a lot of my inspiration these days on-line.  I have an entire Pinterest board called "My dream closet".  That doesn't mean I run out and buy everything I see.  I try to imitate what I see, using the pieces I already have in my wardrobe and sometimes spruce them up with a new accessory, a new top or some new shoes.  All it really takes is to see what you already have with a pair of fresh eyes. If you are trying to imitate an outfit from someone else, remember to modify it to suit your lifestyle, your age, and your body type. Something that looks great on a 20 something, super slender model, doesn't always translate properly to my 48 yr old, we'll say "athletic" build... just say it, humor me, please! I also chase a 2 year old around all day so 4 inch heals probably won't work for me everyday either.  Most importantly, be mindful of what you choose, who is your audience (mine is a lot of kids!) ?  In everything we are to set an example of what is good.

Here is a cute outfit I found on this blog,  Jessica McLain


cape5

Here's a similar one from another blog,  Southern Curls & Pearls




And here's my version....


I love the leopard heals in the photo above, but of course substituted my leopard slip-on tennis shoes. I love the over-sized scarf, but opted for my turquoise scarf and gloves. My purse is from my favorite local store, "The Pink Silhouette"   




No comments:

Post a Comment