Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Be Mine



Malachi 3: 17
" 'They shall be Mine', says the Lord of hosts, 'On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.' "


Day 2 of Valentine's week.  The last book of the Old Testament, Malachi, tells us that "For those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name", we will be His , we will be made His jewels.  I find comfort in these words, and to be honest, a little discomfort too.  I find comfort because my faith tells me in John 3: 16 "whoever believes in Him should not perish , but have everlasting life".  What makes me a little uncomfortable is that I'm still human here!  I mess up every day! What if my faith wavers, I'm not good enough, I'm not prayerful enough or, I do something else unforgivable???  I only have to go back to my Bible to find out in Romans 8, starting at verse 31, that nothing...vs.39 "nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Whew.... I'm feeling much better now! Be Mine? Yes, Lord, I am yours!

So, today, we had another unanticipated day off from school...and my husband has the day off. Curses, spoiled again!  No problem, a great time to practice love, right?! Right. We'll just have to get a jump start on our Valentine's for school, and for our family and friends. I find some really clever ideas on Pinterest.


thumbprint valentines | simplykierste.com
Such a cute idea for preschoolers!

Or, maybe today would be a good day for Valentine mani-pedi's for me and my girls. Again, a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest.  This is just one of many ideas. What I like about this one is the tutorial that goes along with it. Whatever we decide to do today, I'm sure we'll do it with LOVE! (wish me luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment