Thursday, February 12, 2015

Forget me not

Isaiah 43: 18
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past."


I am so forgetful.  I forget to schedule appointments, sometimes I forget to go to appointments.  I forget to give Rx medicine (especially after I or the other person is feeling better).  I forget to return calls, to mail things, to pay bills, where I put things, what I'm looking for when I go into another room.....you get the picture.  Unfortunately, what I often remember are hurts or betrayals of the past.  Don't do me wrong, or you better watch out!  As this is Day 4 of  Valentine's week, I would like to focus a bit on forgiveness.  Now, of course, the ultimate forgiveness is from God our Father, he forgives us all of our sins.  Guess what though? We are called to His standard of forgiveness.  That doesn't mean we are to be doormats.  But,  we are called  to let go of the sins of our former selves and of the sins of others just as, in Christ, God did! Forgive and forget....not necessarily. Forgive and learn and move on, yes.

I almost forgot, last week I said I would style my chevron dress differently.  I remembered! Here's a pic my 8 yr old snapped of me this morning.

Chevron dress, elephant scarf and navy fleece-lined leggings- "The Pink Silhouette". Today, I bloused up the dress and belted it (it looks more like a tunic then a dress when belted).   I also wore my brown boots.







No comments:

Post a Comment