Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spring, please spring already!

Song of Solomon 2: 11-12
" See! The winter has past; the rains are over and gone.  Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. "


I don't know about the rains to be over and gone, but I'd like the snow to be over and gone.  Enough already! The kids are home from school again today because of the weather, after missing two days of school due to my grandfather's funeral...and I'm out of groceries.  Oh well, because of my "Manic Monday", I do have some chili and home baked cookies, I had a lot of nervous energy.  However, I did eat all of the Fritos, and if the kids don't get up soon, I may eat all of the cookies.  Even though I may not be coping as well as I'd like with the death of my grandfather (I really would  prefer to be channeling that energy into running or something more physically positive), I find comfort in scripture and in prayer and in the kind words and gestures of those around me. Thank you Lord, not only for my immediate family, but my family of fellow believers who are truly my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Here are those pesky Fritos...all gone!

Here's a really cute sweater that I saw yesterday in my new Talbots catalog...so I won't give up hope just yet. Come on Spring, spring already!


Spring-Has-Sprung Sweater
"Spring Has Sprung" sweater- Talbots 


No comments:

Post a Comment