Friday, February 20, 2015

Gone

2 Corinthians 5: 17
" Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! "


I write today with a heavy heart.  My beloved grandfather of 92 years, passed away this morning.  Even though his health has been declining these last few years, and we were aware earlier in the week that it probably would not be much longer, I am still heart-broken.  I am, however, encouraged by the words of  my God. I can find comfort many places in His word, but this morning my comfort is in knowing that we are a new creation and that when the old has gone, the new has come. So, even though I am sad now, and will miss my grandfather, my hope is in the fact that we will be reunited again.  2 Corinthians 5: 1 " For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. " Lord, thank you, that I will see my grandfather again, in Your eternal house.  Amen.


"De- da" and Frankie

No comments:

Post a Comment