Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dream Home?

Matthew 7: 24
" 'Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like the wise man who built his house upon the rock.' "


Oh to be a wise man/woman! We have been renovating our house literally before we even moved in.  Never leave my husband alone in your house with a tape measure and a saw!!  I am grateful for the knowledge my husband possesses to do such amazing craftsmanship.  I am not so grateful for the amount of time it takes for him to complete his amazing craftsmanship!  If anyone's house is put back together perfectly, it's mine. He takes the time and care to research and do everything to the best of his ability.  That is how we should be with our faith.  To take the time to: study, read, confess, listen and pray...to the best of our ability. Build your house on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ our Lord, my friends.  He is our rock!

So today, you will not see a photo of me (you're lucky!).  I am dressed to help my husband pour concrete countertops in our kitchen.  I am really excited about it.  My kitchen has been a wreck for about 2 years; since our dishwasher flooded our kitchen, which led to the garbage disposal in the sink to break and flood the kitchen, which led to new floors new, cabinets and....ta-daa, new countertops. Here are some pics of my kitchen calamity.
After the first disaster this is how my kitchen looked. What a dump!

After second disaster, during lower cabinet installation.

Here it is now: new flooring, new lower cabinets, new dishwasher, and new kitchen layout.  The mesh is the prep work for the concrete, which is about to happen!!!


I'll keep you posted the next couple of days to show you the progress. Once the counters are in, the rest should be smooth sailing....Pray for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment