Thursday, April 23, 2015

Point Counterpoint

1 Thessalonians 5:11
" Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing "


I just heard from a friend yesterday that asked about my kitchen countertops (see this post Dream Home?).
I haven't updated you on our ongoing renovation.  What makes these countertops a bit unique is that my husband is making them with concrete.  I feel like I live in an episode of Fixer Upper!  I wish I could tell you they are done....they are not.  But, we definitely have made progress. Here are a couple of pics.

Here's a pic with the forms and mesh before we poured the concrete

Here they are after the concrete was poured.  The forms are still on.

We have taken off the forms and are filling in any imperfections with something called a "slurry".
So far, so good.  We still have to grind the counters until they are smooth and then my husband will stain them.  I chose a dark stain. It will be a charcoal grey or black depending on how dark we decide to go with the stain.  We're almost there. Great job, Honey! (see how I'm building him up, like the Bible verse above says?).  I'm blessed to have such a gifted guy that can tackle all of these projects.

Well, that's my update.  If you're curious about any other posts that I haven't updated you on, please comment below and let me know.  I'd love to hear from you.  Hopefully, I'll be able to update you again soon with more kitchen accomplishments.

Have a beautiful day, building up one another as often as you can. We could all use encouragement.





No comments:

Post a Comment