Monday, April 20, 2015

No luck on Lilly

Psalm 143: 8
" Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go,  for to you I entrust my life. "


I had a good weekend. We had a beautiful 80* day on Saturday.  I got my hair cut...alone, all by myself, no children, no husband, nothing.  Awesome!  My husband brought pizza home Friday night, my parents made dinner for me on Saturday night, and we went to a housewarming party on Sunday, so I didn't even cook this weekend. More Awesome! And when I got up this morning, even though it's rainy here it's fairly warm and I was able to spend some quiet time with my Bible and my journal: reading and praying. Most Awesome!! Now I have a new week, with new hope and new opportunities to walk in His ways. God is good!

Well on Sunday, Target was supposed to start carrying Lilly Pulitzer products. I'm sure they did for the ambitious few.  Not for me.  I was in Target 2 hours after they opened and they were completely sold out in stores and on-line.  No Lilly for me, no Lilly for my little girls; no luck on Lilly. I have to confess I was disappointed.  I really wanted a cute little shift dress for my 2 yr old.  Oh well, que sera sera.  I did get my hair cut this weekend, so I did get a treat for myself.  It was so nice to have my hair shampooed by someone other than my 8  and 2 yr old girls, and to just sit and be pampered. You need that every once in a while.

 This was my hairstyle on Friday.

And here is a pic from Saturday.

Sorry for the picture quality, I was in my van.  I really like the layers and I now have a bit of a side bang.  You can't tell by the pic, but I did keep some length in the back, so I can still pull it up.  And for whatever reason, I now have wavy hair.  I asked the stylist to show me how to style it on a daily basis with the wave. Now I have more options than just elastic hair ties.  My t-shirt, btw, is from...Walmart- Pineapple Tee.  I paid under $5 for it! I got a lot of compliments on it, too. Just goes to show you, you don't have to spend a lot money to have fun, trendy clothes. 

Have a good week, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment