Friday, April 3, 2015

God loves world, not messed up!

Luke 23: 46
" Jesus called out with a loud voice, ' Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.' When he said this, he breathed his last. "


We have been taking turns reading a Bible verse at dinner. The children, my husband, and I actually pick our own verse and then we discuss it.  We've had some good conversations and gotten some insight into the children's lives, and they into our's.  What has been one precious moment (of many), is that my youngest, who is two, wants to read the Bible, too. So, while she was sitting on her father's lap this week, she began to read aloud, " God loves world, messed up. God loves world, not messed up! ".  Wow, what a budding theologian she is!  So simple, so pure.  God loved the world so much, he gave his only begotten son, we were "messed up". God so loved the world; Jesus was crucified, died and was buried, on the third day he rose again!!, " not messed up".  God, thank you that even though we " messed up", you loved us enough to sacrifice your son for us. We praise your holy name! Amen.

Today, I was busy running errands. I even got my nails done this morning. But, by dinner time (sadly), I had to get the nail polish remover out to rid my nails of the last remnants of bright pink nail polish, professionally applied by a seemingly capable woman. My lifestyle just doesn't seem to support all the glamour! I took a pic of the one pretty nail I had left to commemorate my first professional manicure in over a year.

They were so pretty...now they are just "messed up" Lol!

I don't want this to be the only image you have of my blog on this somber of holy days, which commemorates the ultimate sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, so I want to leave you on this blessed day with this...


God loves world , not messed up!
I pray you have a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment