Friday, April 17, 2015

Hold your horses!

Proverbs 21: 31
" The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory rests with the Lord. "


"Victory rests with the Lord". Amen to that!  As you may have read, I am going to run in a 5k soon.  I will probably not be one of the winners: for the entire race, for my gender, not even for my age!  But the victory is not in winning the race, it's in finishing the race. As a Christian, I may lose a few 5ks but I've already won the marathon. There is victory in the cross!

I'll be honest with you, I do not normally follow horse racing. But, being raised in the Baltimore area, I do follow the Triple Crown races.  The Preakness,  horse racings second jewel in the Triple Crown, is run in Baltimore.  So, I have been to a few Preakness parties in my life, some much more civilized than others (it's a Baltimore thing!).  I love the formality that is often associated with the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and with the Belmont Stakes: the beautiful hats, the dresses, the food and drinks.  So this year, I'm going to have a family friendly Preakness party. Here are a few ideas that I have been thinking about.

Preakness Party
I love this table setting!
(pic found on Pinterest)
This outfit and hat are perfect. I found it on A Southern Drawl. It was actually chosen for the Kentucky Derby, but certainly the color scheme is appropriate for the Preakness. And, you need a great hat!
The colors of preakness are yellow and black; colors in the Maryland flag. The flower is the Black-eyed Susan. So here is a great selection of beautiful things that are perfect for the day at one of my favorite local stores- B. Fabulous.


Be victorious today, whatever race you're running!

No comments:

Post a Comment