Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Eggs-actly

Jeremiah 17: 11
" Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay are those who gain riches by unjust means. When their lives are half gone, their riches will desert them, and in the end they will prove to be fools. "


We have a lot of hard boiled eggs left from Easter.  Do you?  I have made deviled eggs with them, the children eat them for breakfast and lunches, and I've put them on salads.  I'm eggs-austed just thinking about it! Lol!!  What is really important about the eggs, at least to me, is not how we eat them, or even if we eat them, it's how they were prepared (I don't mean cooked).  On Saturday we colored the eggs, and in our house the tradition is to make them for family members. You will not see our eggs on the cover of a magazine. They are, shall we say, "rustic".  But, they are made with love. It touched my heart this year to see that my 13 year old son, made an egg for my grandfather who, not quite 2 months ago, passed away.  This is the first holiday that we have spent without him.  We have a lot of great memories of my cantankerous grandfather in "his chair" ruling over our holiday dinners. Because of my faith, I am secure in the fact that even though I have loved ones gone from earth now, I will see them again in heaven. There will yet be other meals and holidays where joy will be shared with those lost. Amen!

Here's are some pics of our "rustic" eggs.




De-Da egg with heart for my grandfather. An egg for my parents with original artwork by my 2 year old.
Made with Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment