Monday, April 13, 2015

Go fly a kite

John 3: 8
" The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear it's sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the spirit. "


Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews, when he spoke these words. In this chapter of John, we are told about being "born again".  I don't know why this verse causes people to stumble. I don't call myself "born again", but if someone called me that I would be happy to hear it. I feel that it has more to do with my understanding of Jesus than it does anything else. I was "born again" the night 30+ years ago, that I got down on my knees and asked God into my life. It's just that simple. Has my life been rainbows and lollipops since that day?  NO WAY!  But, I am full of hope.  I am also filled with the understanding that my treasures are not here on earth. So when life gets tough, that's just life. "There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, no more fears. There will be a day when the burdens of this place will be no more, we'll see Jesus face to face. But until that day, we'll hold on to you always. " Jeremy Camp- "There Will Be A Day".

Last Saturday, we went to our local Kite Festival.  What a beautiful day it was to fly a kite.  It was a tad breezy (even a bit much for kite flying!) but, we had fun.  Our town has had a kite festival for 10 years now and we have been attending for the last 3 years. It's a wonderful event for family's and it was free! Not only that, but the children were given free kites. You gotta love that. Here are a few pics of my family I took on Saturday.
This was my personal favorite kite. I love the crab!

My son is a natural at kite flying. Even with the strong breeze, he was able to get his kite soaring.

My youngest had a dolphin on her kite. She loved it  because of the movie "Dolphin Tale". She calls it, "Boy Fish"!

I pray you have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment