Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Knock it off!

1 Corinthians 4: 16
" Therefore I urge you to imitate me. "


Paul urges the Christians in Corinth to imitate him a couple of times in this letter.  Not only that,  he sent Timothy to be with the people in Corinth to remind them of Paul's ways...Does Paul have a superiority complex? Not at all, because Paul is imitating Christ.  Paul's ways are in Christ.  In that way we are encouraged in the Bible to come together in worship and in prayer, praise and fellowship. Not only to encourage one another, but to help each other with the example to be more Christ-like.  Do I want you or anyone else to be like me? No Way!!  Do I want you to be more like the parts of me that seek to love and learn more about our Lord? Absolutely! Only follow me, when I follow Him (otherwise you'll get desperately lost, Lol).

Today, I'm thinking about imitation because I just acquired a "new to me" purse yesterday.  It looks like a Brighton purse. So cute. It's not, it's a knock-off.  I am currently using a purse that looks like a Tory Burch handbag.  It definitely is not. I can't afford to even look at them. But, I can't even tell you the number of compliments that I get when I carry this purse. There's nothing wrong with carrying a knock-off.  What's more important is that you like what you carry and that it helps you feel happy and confident.  Why spend more if you can look great and feel great spending less?

Here are my knock-offs...


Got this cutie from my mom yesterday!

Here's the bag I've been carrying. So many compliments!

I pray you have a wonderful day.  If you imitate Christ, you won't go wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment