Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The creme de "mint"



Matthew 23: 23
" Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!  You give a tenth of your spices- mint , dill and cumin.  But you have neglected the more important matters of the law- justice, mercy and faithfulness.  You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. "


In this part of Matthew, Jesus has victoriously come into Jerusalem with praise and adulation.  He had already rid the temple of the money changers. As he returned to the city the next day he told those that were following him many parables, and the religious leaders were not happy. The began to question Jesus about paying taxes and about the rules of marriage upon the resurrection, to trip him up. He let them have it, didn't he?  I would like to think that I would have been more like Mary Magdalene during Jesus' last days, but would I? Or, would I have been more like one in the crowd that welcome Jesus to Jerusalem with palm fronds but then yell, "crucify him" , before Pilate just days later?  Lord, I pray that you would keep me focused on you, your will and your ways.  May I keep you ever before me in thought and deed. Faithfully believing in your power and might in my life and in the lives all of those who believe.

Mint... I love a good Peppermint Pattie, don't you? We just finished a bunch in our house from Easter. They come in small egg shapes for Easter baskets. Yummy!  But that's not the kind of mint I have on my mind today.  I'm thinking about what a great color it is for the spring and summer.  I even like it in nail color.  I love nail color.  Here's a few great items I've been eyeing up lately. The cream of the mint, so to speak.

I love this tropical blouse from The Pink Silhouette,. It was on a "flash sale" last night for a great price.
These earrings, too!  You even get free shipping!!
(Mint Dangle Earrings- The Pink Silhouette)

essie® Nail Color - Turquoise & Caicos
Essie- Turquoise & Caicos  from Target. Love, love!

You could even get some cute mint colored shoes or sandals, workout clothes, tees, shorts...the possibilities are endless. Please share some of your favorite mint colored clothes or accessory ideas. I'd love to see or hear about them, just comment below. I truly appreciate you taking the time to read this blog and I'd love to hear from you.  Have a fresh, fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment