Monday, August 3, 2015

Oh, this pie!

Romans 11: 33
" Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "


His ways are not our ways, certainly.  Why, Lord, don't you just do things the way I would have you?  Because, he is all wisdom and power and might. He is all goodness, and mercy and love. His ways are much better than mine. I just need to have faith, even when it's difficult for me, faith and trust. Thank you, Lord, that I don't have to rely on my wisdom and knowledge (I'm sure lots of my family and friends are thankful for this, too!).  There are days that I have trouble releasing control of "my world" to you, Lord. But you don't give up on me, you never release your hold on me, and when I pull away and wander around like a lost child, you are always right there with your arms open wide to comfort me and bring me home.  Amen!

Oh, my! the pie I made this weekend.....I can't' take any credit for it at all. I saw it on a FB feed from the Pioneer Woman. So I will share it with you, my favorite blog readers!!!


Strawberry Pretzel Pie

Prep Time:
 
 
Cook Time:
 
 
Difficulty:
 Easy
 
Servings:
 8

Ingredients

  • 4 cups Pretzel Sticks
  • 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) Butter, Melted
  • 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1-1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
  • 1 package (3.5 Ounce) Strawberry-flavored Jello
  • 1-1/2 cup Water
  • 3 pints Strawberries, Hulled And Halved
  •  Unsweetened Whipped Cream

Preparation Instructions

For the pretzel crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Crush the pretzels in a large resealable plastic bag with a rolling pin. Mix in a bowl with the butter and brown sugar. Press into a pie pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
For the strawberry filling: Put 1 1/2 cups water, the granulated sugar, cornstarch and gelatin powder in a saucepan. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until it starts to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Let the liquid cool for a good 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Put the strawberries in a bowl and pour over the sauce, gently tossing together. Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes, then carefully pile the coated strawberries into the cooled pie crust. Spoon over a little leftover sauce if needed, and refrigerate, uncovered, for 4 hours.
Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream. (Unsweetened is nice because the pie is so sweet!)

Here are my pics of the pie.
The pretzel crust is my favorite part!
I think my kids liked the strawberries best.


Together, the combination was delicious!!!

I pray you have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment