Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Going Bananas!!

James 3: 17
" But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. "


I wish this verse described my attitude and actions everyday...sadly no, it doesn't. Do I give up and throw the towel in because I'm not these things all of the time? Happily, no! I keep striving for these things everyday. After all, I'm "new every morning; great is your faithfulness", Lord!! (Lam. 3:23) Amen!

Sunday, my oldest son turned 20!! Wow! They are getting so old, and I'm still so young (not sure how that works, but I'm going with it!).  He is so busy with work and he's in a play right now, so there are lots of late night play practices, that we have not yet celebrated with a cake and dinner.  So, I whipped up some of his favorite muffins to tide him over until we do. Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I got this recipe years ago from Southern Living. You can even make some vanilla icing (or chocolate would be even better) and pass them off as cupcakes, but I think they are just fine without it (actually the recipe calls them cupcakes). I hope you enjoy these, they are always a big hit with my big family.

Happy Birthday!!

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened $
1 1/2 cups sugar $
large eggs $
small bananas, mashed (about 1 cup) $
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour $
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
Vegetable cooking spray $
(16-ounce) container vanilla frosting (optional)

Preparation

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, banana, and vanilla, beating until blended.
Stir together flour, soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in morsels.
Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into pans, filling cups two-thirds full.
Bake at 350° for 17 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks. Spread with frosting, if desired.
AUGUST 2002

I pray today that if you're going bananas, that you can at least turn them into a delicious muffin!! (LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment