Monday, August 31, 2015

Birthday Boys

James 1: 7
" Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. "


I have been blessed by two beautiful boys here on earth (most of the times blessed...).  Even though my boys were born in 2 separate months and 6 years apart, their birthdays are less than 2 weeks from the other. My oldest was born just before 2131 (Cal Ripken's streak) and my youngest was born 1 week to the day before 9/11.  As a matter of fact he was due on 9/11, and at the time I worked just outside of DC. I'm so grateful my husband and I were both home that fateful morning. I am also grateful for my beautiful boys, my perfect gifts from above. Lord watch over my boys as they grow and are faced with challenges in this life. Protect their minds and their hearts, Lord, and lead them always on Your path. Amen.

So, I still have to make a birthday cake for my #1 son and will have to do it all over again for #2. That's ok, because I love cake!! Here is a terrific easy homemade cake recipe that has been passed down in my family. I prefer to ice it with chocolate icing, but it is just as fabulous with no icing at all (it is perfection with my morning coffee!).

Manaw's Hot Milk Cake

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup of milk
1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla
dash of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*
Grease and flour a tube pan.

Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
Heat milk and butter until butter melts. Set aside.

Add gradually to the eggs: the sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt.  Pour milk and butter mixture in with the rest of ingredients. Mix until smooth.

Pour batter in tube pan. Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back when pressed in and when toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and frost if desired.

Here are my beautiful birthday boys...


#1 
#2

I pray your day is filled with gifts from above....and cake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment