Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Honey, Honey

Proverbs 24: 13
" Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste. "


Agreed! Honey is good. The honey in this verse refers to wisdom in God. Wisdom is hope for your soul. Lord, may I grow in knowledge and love of You every day. Amen.

I am fortunate enough to live in a transitional suburban/rural area. I live in a suburb that is surrounded by farmland. That makes getting good fresh, local produce super easy.  At one of my favorite local farm stands, they sell local honey. Sooo good! I use honey in my tea, in some of my recipes (see Oats) and drizzle it on top of my yogurt. Yum. Honey isn't just good, it's good for you. There are health benefits to honey, especially local honey (because of local pollen).  Here are a few benefits that honey can bring to your family.

Here's a photo of my baby taken before her 1st Birthday at a local farm stand, Harman's.
Photo taken by Lisa Gerber- Frame of Reverence
1. A natural cough suppressant - Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory.

2. Can reduce allergy symptoms - Not only can it help suppress a cough, but it can help your body build up immunity to the pollen.

3.  Natural energy booster - Honey contains 17 grams of carbohydrates/ tablespoon.

4.  It's a moisturizer! - Honey is good for you from your hands to your hair. It is a natural humectant. Add a little honey to your moisturizer or conditioner or, whip up a recipe from this link- at Honey.com.

There are many more benefits take a few minutes to research it. I know you'll appreciate this sweet treat even more.

I pray you have a "honey" of a day!


* I used these to websites for the information on honey above.  The National Honey Board, and

No comments:

Post a Comment