Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Clean house!

1 Peter 2: 1-3
" So clean house! Make a clean sweep of malice and pretense, envy and hurtful talk. You've had a taste of God.  Now, like infants at the breast, drink deep of God's pure kindness. Then you'll grow up mature and whole in God. "  (MSG)


I'd love to rid my house of all things unclean.  But the truth is, it's here. Everytime I turn on the television or the computer, and unfortunately, unclean words come from my own mouth from time to time. Never more clear than when your 2 yr old calls your 13 yr old a "dumb a_ _"! (I swear that one wasn't mine, but I'm just as guilty!!).  Lord, today, I pray you would rid my home of malice, pretense, envy and hurtful talk. I do know and love you , Lord, and where you are, those things are not welcome. Thank you, Lord, for a new day, a day to clean house!

I am blessed to have a couple of days "off".  I don't have my usual chaotic crew here today and tomorrow, so I've decided to give my home a good cleaning and organization.  I'm full of fun ideas, aren't I?? The truth is, that having a clean organized home helps me feel less stress and anxiety. Here we go... I'm going to show you a couple of "before" pics and hopefully by next Tuesday (or the next) you'll see some good "after" pics. (Pray for me!)

Here's my pantry.  My house didn't even have a pantry when we moved in, but my talented husband built me one!
I really need to be better organized. With a big family, organization is a must.

How in the world did my desk area get to this point?! I have to admit that this is one of the busiest spots in the house.
So many papers and office supplies. I definitely need to tidy this up.

I can't wait to get started! I hope that today you were motivated to clean your house, too. Please post a comment and/or a pic. I'd love to see what great ideas you all had.  

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment