Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Water

John 4: 14
" but whoever drinks the water that I give them will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life. "


We learn in the story of the woman at the well, found in John 4: 1-42, Jesus is not really talking about the water in the well.  The water here is the Holy Spirit that we are given when we receive Jesus into our hearts. When we are secure in our faith, we will never thirst again. We are secure in the knowledge that we are saved, we have life eternal with our Father in Heaven. Now that's satisfying!! Thank you, Lord, that while I long to be with you, my desire to be satisfied is already taken care of with your living water. Amen.

We are drinking a lot of water around here this summer. That's a good thing.  Water is necessary for life. Years ago, I wouldn't think of not having soda in my home, but I'm happy to report we've kicked the soda habit.  While I won't lie to you and tell you everything I put in my mouth is completely healthy, I am proud of the fact we try to make better choices.  Water is so simple and easy. It comes out of my faucet, it comes chilled out of my refrigerator, and it comes in easy to take recyclable bottles. If you're anything like me, you may not have a taste for water (years of drinking sugary sodas made it a difficult transition for me). But nothing is better for you, so try these simple tips.

1. This might not look like a water cup, but every morning before I put coffee in this mug, it is. I fill this mug with cold water and drink it down so I know that at least I start my day off with 8oz. or so of the good stuff!


2. Flavor your water naturally. Especially if you're transitioning from juice or sugary drinks, this just might help. I found this link on Pinterest.
BEST Infused Water Recipes EVER!! Stress Reliever, Belly Fat Flusher, and MORE! 10 Delicious Water Infused Recipes
Not only does it taste good, there are extra health benefits here!
3. Drink a glass of water before every meal. Our bodies often confuse hunger with thirst. Drinking water helps our bodies to feel more satisfied, and for those of us who are trying to lose or maintain our weight, it helps us not to overeat.
I wish I didn't need to work on this.


I hope this was helpful. There is so much more information. The amount of water we need to drink every day varies for each person. Ask your doctor if you're not sure if you're drinking enough (or even too much!) water.  This post doesn't even begin to address the living water that is necessary for eternal life, ask your clergy (pastor, priest) if you need more information about that. I pray today that you thirst no more!!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment