Friday, July 31, 2015

Mr. Football

2 Timothy 2: 5
" An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. "  (ESV)


Well, I know for a lot of you it's the middle of summer, but here in my house we are literally gearing up for football season.   My baby boy is headed to high school this year and high school football training started last spring. In just a few days football camp begins, and looking ahead at the calendar, football won't end until December! Fortunately for him, I love football (and I guess my son's ok too!). I'm so proud of the young man my son is becoming.  He has been volunteering at a camp this summer and he is working on his Honors English project for the new school year as well. I'm truly looking forward to seeing all that God has in store for my handsome guy!

Last night we had to cut my boy's hair (another Sampson and Delilah moment!) so he would be comfortable in a football helmet. It looks great! Bruce, at Messana's Salon and Spa, cut two of my kid's hair yesterday. (I can't wait to show you my daughter's hair, but that's for another post).  We also had to order him his practice gear a few weeks ago, and he has grown so much over the last year, new cleats are on the way. Not to be outdone...Momma needs some fan gear!!  Our Rec. Football colors were orange, navy and white. This year, I need black, gold, and white (a bit of a dilemma for me because I'm a Ravens fan and our arch nemesis are the Steelers, so...) . Here are a few pics of my guy, his new cleats and some cute things I can't wait to wear on the sidelines.

Before selfie (w/Baby Sis)
After selfie (looks thrilled!)

cool new cleats we ordered from Dicks.
This dress is from Spunkwear. They are a really great local company that makes athletic and "sideline" clothes out of  swimwear fabric. Totally comfortable and fashionable! Check out their website. 

This great skort has the Maryland flag print on it. Love it!
One of my favorite local stores carries Spunkwear,   B.Fabulous

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I love sharing things with you.  If you enjoy reading about my family and have a question or comment, I'd love to hear from you. Please comment below or even follow my blog (look for the link on the right to follow by email). Thanks for your continued support.

I pray your weekend is a good one!


1 comment:

  1. OK, in the interest of full disclosure, I am married to that beautiful woman you see there on this blog every day. And, I am the father to 4 of of those beautiful children you often see in her posts. That said, I can tell you, when it comes to her kids, Michelle is so much more than just a "fan". She is a stalwart supporter of her children in everything that they do, whether it be school, sports, the things they do for fun, and all of the other crazy things that life brings when you're a kid trying to make your way through the world. Mostly though, and most importantly, she takes on the roll as "coach" when it comes to their quest for Christ and their daily journey to becoming Godly people. She is tenacious in her own pursuit of Christ and a Godly life and expects nothing less from, not just the kids, but also of me. This, in fact, is why I married my beautiful wife. I would want no one else in my corner and, therefore, no one else in my kid's corner, as we battle through our daily struggle to become more Christlike in our walk. I can attest, this is no easy task. By the grace of God, Michelle is equal to the task and that, I believe, is why God put her in my life and, for that, I am truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete