Friday, July 17, 2015

First

Matthew 6: 33
" But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. " (NKJV)


Twenty-five years ago today, I was over a week late for the delivery of my first born child. I was walking a lot, and eating a lot. Finally, later in the evening on July the 17, 1990, I went into labor. After a loooonnnng labor, my beautiful little girl was born in the afternoon on July 18th.  She was the first. She was the first grandchild for my parents, and for De-da, the first great-granddaughter. She was an early walker an early talker, an early reader, and the first baby to steal my heart.  Who could have predicted back then, that she would be the first of seven beautiful children for me? (not me!)  So today, my prayer is for my beautiful girl who will be 25 yrs old tomorrow.  I pray for her every happiness, her every dream to come true, and for true love to find her. For peace, contentment, and joy for all of her days. For peace, contentment, and rest for all of her nights. I pray that whatever she seeks, she will find. And, that she knows before she was even formed you, Lord, first loved her and had a wonderful plan for all of her yesterdays, todays and tomorrows.  Happy Birthday, Emily the First!

Here's a sweet picture of my first, on her 2nd birthday. It's hard to believe that I have a 2yr old, as she is turning 25!

 My cupcake connoisseur!
She actually started her own cupcake business a few years ago. This was her humble beginning.

And, here's my goofy girl  loving a selfie with her mom. (or not!)

Here's a recent pic of her I stole from her FB photos. Love my beautiful girl!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, especially my Birthday Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment