Monday, July 13, 2015

Cinnamon

Exodus 30: 23
" Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant calamus, "


Here we are again in Exodus.  It makes me weary to even think about all of the rules and instructions that the Israelites had to follow.  Exodus can be a very exciting book ("The Ten Commandments" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark") but it is also fraught with lots and lots of rules.  Very , specific.....rules.  Don't get me wrong, I like rules (a lot of them), but I'm the kind of girl that skims rather than reads. So, if you want me to be fully engaged-KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid!). Don't worry, I'm the stupid one here. On more than one occasion, I've missed a very important instruction or date, or time.  Take for example a recipe or instructions on tests or homework. Missed them. Done them wrong!  Lord, my prayer today, is for patience and for guidance.  I know that sometimes we don't want to wait for an outcome, or don't want to follow "the rules", but I know you are a God of order; so, often things that may seem trivial to me are important and worth my full attention. Guide me in my every move, lead me in your ways, Lord. Amen.

Here's a simple recipe today for an easy Cinnamon Cake. (Don't skim the recipe, really read it!).

Paulette's Cinnamon Cake

Ingredients 

1 box of yellow cake mix (follow instructions on this, too!)
1 stick of butter
A lot of cinnamon sugar- at least a 1/4 cup.

Directions

Preheat oven to 350*
Grease a 9x13 baking dish. 

Follow instructions on box. Usually you'll need eggs, vegetable oil and water (varies by brand). 
Set timer for 10 minutes prior to full baking time. Melt your stick of butter. When the timer goes off, sprinkle your cake with a layer of cinnamon sugar, drizzle butter all over top of cake and cinnamon. Sprinkle (generously) more cinnamon on top of that. Bake for remaining 10 minutes of cooking time. 

Cool for 10 minutes before serving.



Voila! How easy was that? Serve with fresh fruit, like: blueberries, strawberries or even sliced peaches. I like to have a piece for breakfast with a cup of coffee.  Of course you can eat it anytime. I'm thinking right now is a good time for me!

Have a blessed week!



No comments:

Post a Comment