Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's a sunshine day!

Genesis 1: 5
" God called the light 'day', and the darkness he called 'night'.  And there was evening, and there was morning--the first day. "


I love a new day! Here it is, morning again. Yay God! This morning it is already hot and humid here.  Believe me, I'm not complaining. I much prefer the hot summer days to a long cold winter.  I think I need to move south! My flowers are in bloom. My herbs are full and healthy. I really miss these things in the colder months. I've been cutting fresh flowers from my garden and clipping fresh herbs to use in my cooking. My hydrangea has had the most beautiful blooms this year. I've been cutting them since late June.  My favorite summertime combination of flowers are my hydrangeas mixed with sunflowers.  This time of year sunflowers are easy to find and reasonably priced.  I also have clipped some of my herbs and put them in a small pitcher in my kitchen. Not only do they smell great, they look great, and they are easily accessible for me when I'm cooking. Win, win, win. Thank you, Lord, for summer, my sunflowers (and herbs), and this sunshine day!

Here's a pic of my favorite summertime flowers and herbs! And... the Lemon Squares I made yesterday!!

I have basil, oregano and parsley in the small pitcher.
I made a wonderful Caprese salad last week with the basil and I use the parsley all of the time.
The combination of the 3 is perfection for my Italian cooking.

I pray you enjoy your beautiful sunshine day!





No comments:

Post a Comment