Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pork makes me happy

Psalm 119: 2
" Happy are those that keep his rules, and try to obey him with their whole heart. "  (NCV)


Welcome back!  My family and I were at the beach for a week.  I love the beach, it's truly my "happy place".   It was quite a transition yesterday getting back into a normal routine.  I didn't even do that very well: no blogging, no real cleaning (except laundry and dishes) and I didn't even cook dinner (nothing in the pantry!).  This morning in my quiet time,  I asked God to help me refocus and to truly seek Him in all things. I know that with Him, there's nothing I can't do.

So, I have to start thinking about what to cook this week.  I really enjoy a good pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw. Here's a super easy recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I have made this so many times and it's (my) kid approved. Serve with a side of coleslaw, or personally, I like it right on top.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
 
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: Livie's Mammy
Photo By: Dianne
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Ready In: 7 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 8
"Using root beer to season slow cooked pork tenderloin makes a novel, yet tasty preparation method guaranteed to win applause."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite
barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly
toasted
DIRECTIONS:
1.Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2015 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 7/7/2015


I pray you have a great week. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment