Thursday, July 30, 2015

Better

Ecclesiastes 7: 5
" It is better to heed the rebuke of a wise person than to listen to the song of fools. "


Good, better, best.  To get from good to best, you need better.  Yesterday in my prayer journal, I prayed to get better. I'm not sick, so I don't mean a healing.  I just want to be better. A better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better daughter, a better sister, a better aunt, a better woman of God...better.  I'm not sharing this with you because I feel like I am a failure at these things (sometimes, though...). I just feel like I could do better. I also don't think I need to be perfect at any of these things.  Just better.  Where do I start?  On my knees, that's where. I can't even contemplate trying to do any of these things better on my own. I'm just not capable. So where getting better starts is simple really, at the base of the cross. Amen!

I don't think I could have better kids. Better behaved kids, yes. Better kids, no. Thank you God for my beautiful children. I realized last week (when I dared to take 10 minutes away with one of my girls to buy underwear, and another had a meltdown!) that I need some precious one-on-one time with each of my children. So, for accountability's sake, I will update you over the next several weeks (I have 7 children after all) of my adventures with my kiddos. I can't wait to get started!

Here we all are! (pray for me!!)

I pray today that you feel "better". Have a blessed day.



No comments:

Post a Comment