Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Take the time

Psalm 90: 12
" Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. "


Numbering our days, reminds me of a calendar.  I just took a few minutes this morning and went through mine.  I've been so busy, that I forgot to write things down, and even some of the things that I wrote down, I forgot about (sorry Jeff)!  Today, Lord, I pray for the wisdom to take a few moments each day to reflect on my day ahead. Help me to remember those things that are important to me and my family. I pray that I start each day with my focus on You, and that You guide my thoughts, words and deeds. Amen

I have the cutest calendar.  Call me old fashioned, but I still like to write everything down. My day goes better when I'm organized and focused.  I love to check things off of a list or mark things off on my calendar. Doing just a simple thing like crossing things off of a list , gives me a sense of accomplishment. Accomplishing even little things, even the things that have to be done again (and again, and again!), is good for my mental wellness. Give it a try, I bet it works for you too.

My cute Lilly Pulitzer calendar.  I really like calendars that give you a few extra months.  I know that when school starts again in August, I'll get even busier and I won't have to switch out my calendar at the end of 2015.


Here are the new "Lilly" calendars at my favorite local boutique, The Pink Silhouette.
 Now for the hard part: choosing one.  Do I go with "Tusk in Sun" again?

I pray you have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment