Friday, July 1, 2016

4 for the 4th

Isaiah 11: 12
" He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth. "


The Bible verse above is describing the coming of the Messiah written long before Jesus came. In verse 10 of this chapter in Isaiah, he even predicts that gentiles will seek Jesus: the "Root of Jesse".  Thank you, Lord, that you not only came for your chosen people, but you raise a banner, a flag, to gather all of your people, to give us hope and glory through our salvation in Christ.

Happy 1st of July!! I don't know about you, but I have a full weekend ahead. So many celebrations to honor the founding of our great nation. USA, USA, USA!!! As you may know, I love everything patriotic, so this weekend is going to be a fun one for me. Here are 4 things that I'm doing (or wanna do) to celebrate the 4th.

#1  Last year we celebrated the 4th on the 5th. There was a rainout on the fireworks display that we had planned to see. We extended our vacation an extra day to see the fireworks at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum's Fireworks and Big Band Night. We loved it! This year we're going back on July 2nd to see them again.
This beautiful view was captured (by me) on the balcony of the Hooper Strait Lighthouse
 that is a permanent exhibit at the CBMM.

#2  On Sunday, we're off to my Uncle's house for a family celebration. I've been asked to bring a dessert to share. Here's what I'll be taking along...


I made this strawberry pretzel pie last summer and I loved it!
Of course it's a Pioneer Woman recipe, click here for details.
To make it a tad more festive, I'm going to add a pint of blueberries.
#3  Of course, I'll need something to wear, hmmm...

This will probably be my sunday outfit. My red, white and blue paisley shorts (that match my SIL's)
and probably a red tank or tee. See Memorial Day Wear for details.
and of course I have a lot of options for the rest of the weekend...

I think this dress would be perfect for Saturday's fireworks at the Maritime Museum.

and, I got this top last year for the Blue Angels and the 4th July.
You can't get much more patriotic than this flag inspired top.
Both of the outfits above, I purchased from my favorite local shop, The Pink Silhouette.
#4  Finally, here are some cute things I have seen this year that would be perfect for the 4th, Labor Day, Election Day and any other time you want to rock the red, white and blue!

Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Americana High Top Unisex Shoe:
OMG! I saw these cuties at the Converse store in Rehoboth. 

and this bracelet from Kiel James Patrick. I'm just in love with this entire website!!
Nautic America:
This bracelet is called Nautic America, but there are so many other great options.
Click here to see, all the wonderful things from Kiel James Patrick.

Ah, so many beautiful things, so much fun, so much food, so little time! I hope whatever your weekend has in store for you, you have a blessed one!

Happy Independence Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment