Monday, June 27, 2016

She's so popular

Luke 9: 25
" What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?


This is the section in Luke where Jesus is performing miracle after miracle, and then he empowers and sends out the twelve disciples to also perform healings and miracles. Popular couldn't even begin to describe what Jesus has become, even Herod has heard of him. Herod has just beheaded John the Baptist, so you can only imagine what is going through his mind. But Jesus takes this moment, after revealing himself to the disciples to be the Messiah, that he was not put here on earth to be popular, but to be rejected, and killed and raised again. The one who is truly perfect and worthy of our praise and adulation, will take on all of our sins and imperfections so that we will live eternally. Thank you Jesus, that you sacrificed all for us.  Even when we denied you when you were no longer popular, you loved us so much you opened up your arms and breathed your last breath to fill us with everlasting life. Amen.

I was never "popular". I just kind of went through life, loving who I loved, and living how I lived. Did I ever long to be popular? Sure! Probably junior high school was quite the awakening of the pecking order for me. A big part of becoming an adult, is not caring about status, but living the best life you can life, taking advantage of every opportunity you are given and still loving everybody that God puts into your life. Let me tell you, it took me a long time to grow up and I'm still a work in progress at nearly 50!! As we approach the end of June (already!), I thought I'd look back at some of my most popular posts. Some are due to tragic circumstances and sadness, while others were popular for reasons of happiness and hope. They are only popular because you took the time to read them and mourn or laugh with me.

Here are some of our faves...

Mr. Football

Gold Blogging Day Mug
10,000

Love me through this

Choices

Shells
Stitch Me Up!
I hope you were able to click on the above links and revisit some of my posts. I know I've enjoyed rereading some of them. It's fun to see how my son has grown over the past year, how with faith, I've dealt with some troubles and sorrows in my life, and what I've liked or worn over the last year and a half. I've noticed a common theme is hope. I pray that through these writings, you always find hope.

Have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment