Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Same but different

1 Corinthians 12: 4
" There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. "


Wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same gifts and talents? And, Lord knows, I'm still discovering mine. Thankfully other people are in tune with the gifts that God has given them. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up! Thank you, Lord, for creating us in Your image. We are all the same, precious in Your sight, but different!

On Mother's Day, I went shopping with my mom and my sil. We have done this many times, the day culminates with a dinner prepared by my dad (hot off the grill!), and when the kids were younger, they used to do some kind of performance: a poem, a skit, or a story.  My sil and I often end up purchasing the same shorts or top. This year was no exception. As you may have noticed in my Memorial Day pic, we were wearing our same paisley shorts. We're so cute!! I came across a picture in my latest Talbot's June catalog that made me want to try a striped top with those same shorts (I am wearing a navy tee with them in the pic).

Here are some pics of the same shorts with a different top.

Here we all are on Memorial Day.
(see Memorial Day Wear)
Here's a pic from the Talbot's catalog.

I realize these shorts are not similar to my shorts at all.
What I like about this picture is the juxtaposition of the stripes and floral patterns.
(pic from Talbots June 2016 catalog page 6 )

and here's what I wore last Friday.

Here, I'm wearing my navy and white striped tee from Target (similar style- here) with my paisley shorts.
My nearly 10 year old told me it didn't match...but I kinda liked it!
Don't be afraid to mix prints. Maybe this particular look isn't for you, but something a bit less bold might work.
Remember to  keep your patterns in the same color palette, I have only 3 colors here: red white and blue,
above in the Talbots catalog, they are using 2 colors. 

Try mixing some of your same wardrobe pieces with something different, something you might not have tried before.  You might just like the way it looks!

I pray you have a terrific Tuesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment