Thursday, June 16, 2016

In the navy

1 Kings 10: 22
" The had a fleet of sailing ships at sea along with the ships of  Hiram. Once every three years it returned carrying gold, silver, and ivory, and apes, and baboons. "


This verse is in a passage in 1 Kings describing the great wealth of King Solomon. In the previous verse it describes how he drank out of cups made of pure gold.  It reminds me of an episode of the Kardashians. Cups of gold, sheesh, I'd be happy with a cabinet full of mason jars. I realized the other day, after looking at a blog post from another blogger that I follow, that I sometimes really start to want some things that just aren't in my budget (currently that would be $0, Lol!). I'm going to try to keep my posts real and show you what a women with my vast resources (sarcasm) can do! Lord, you provide me with so much, I am grateful for all I have. Help me to be a good steward and not waste time or money on things that I don't really need. When you give me mason jars, help me to see them and care for them like cups of gold. Amen.

Last week, I got my box from Stitch Fix. I have to tell you, the stylist nailed it, she got me. But I also have to say, that I was disappointed that I didn't' get something a little bit different and out of my comfort zone. I love to try new things. I kept one thing, a dress, and I LOVE it!! (pictures will come later, I'll do a Stitch Fix post). I got my box the day I came home from the zoo. This is what I wore that day to the zoo.

I tried to dress us all alike, it makes it easier for me to keep track of my girls. Our uniform for the day was navy and white striped shirts. The girls wore pink pants and I wore my boyfriend jeans. It's basically my momiform..

Here's the top that came in my box...

The fabric was exactly the same! It was certainly a different cut and style.
This Stitch Fix top was so cute!  Sadly, I couldn't justify keeping it.
(great pic, stylist!)

Here's what I ended up wearing to my daughters' last flag football game. Their team was the Giants, so I had to keep it red, white and blue (actually, I didn't wear anything red that night).

(My 3 yr old was sitting on the step being adorable, hence the look on my face.)
I love this classic top from Talbots (no longer available, similar style here, and here, and here!).
 I wear it all the time, year round. It was a bit cooler last Thursday evening, so long sleeves were appropriate.

Do you see any style trend here? I'd consider it classic, casual and of course, nautical. Navy is definitely my "summer black".  What style trend are you currently loving? I'd love to know what you are wearing this spring and summer: nautical, tassels, Boho chic? Please leave a comment below. 

Here's a link to Stitch Fix
If you're not sure what your style is, give them a try. They'll pick out some great things for you to try right at home (careful, you'll probably want them all!).   https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/7443608



I pray your Thursday is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment