Wednesday, June 22, 2016

By a hair

Luke 21: 18-19
" But not a hair of your head will perish. Stand firm and you will win life. "


In this chapter in Luke, Jesus is talking about end of times, the signs, wars, uprisings. I'm not an expert on this subject (or most any other subject...), but I love how he ends this paragraph. "Not a hair of your head will perish. Stand firm and you will win life."  I like that. Even in the context of our daily struggles, whether large or small, if we stand firm in our faith, we have the comfort and hope that one day we will stand before Jesus. We win in the end. Victory is ours. Thank you, Jesus.

Um, so this seems kind of silly after that Bible verse. But I'm going to write about my hair today.Yes, my hair. I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. I had bone straight hair growing up and wanted to have beautiful curls, and now that I'm approaching the big 5-0, I have curls and I long for it to be straight. I recently got my hair cut again, even though my goal a few months ago was to grow it long (it was kind of halfway there). I found some super cute hairstyles on Pinterest and took the plunge to short again.

Here's what I loved on Pinterest.

ANH CO TRAN:
I was looking for something that would be easy with
my new found waves.
(Image found on Pinterest- here)
Pixie Short Hair Styles Back Pictures:
I really liked this look. This is the pic I showed to the stylist.
(Image found on Pinterest- here)
Here's my before.

My hair is so thick, even at this length it took forever to dry and to straighten.
And after...

                   
Here are the waves.
Here it is straight.





       

















    I'm thinking I might go even shorter...or not. What do you think?  It sure is easier to straighten, and on the days I don't have a lot of time it doesn't take long to scrunch up my curls. What's your current favorite hairstyle? Are you going short, growing it out? Do you love your hair and wouldn't change a thing? (I definitely want to hear from you, you're amazing!). Please comment below, and share your hair thoughts.

I pray you're having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment